Thursday, September 27, 2012

SHOE SOLES

WHAT DO THEY REALLY COMMUNICATE?

snake heel red bottom shoes by
 christian loubotin
I am sure that most people remember the battle of red shoe soles between Prada and French shoemaker Christian Louboutin in 2008. This matter came up after the 2006 movie the devil wears Prada, I guess seeing the red hot high heels of the Prada high heels in each and every billboard in town, infuriated Christian Louboutin, because they initially own red. The devil wears Prada was a huge hit or a very good movie that time. This movie alone made Prada sell a lot.

red sole pony hair big lips pump
by christian loubotin
Any way Christian Louboutin won the battle because they came up with the red soles first! This really got the label a lot of media attention and customers of course. Well I love both of these labels and I don’t really care who owns the red soles, as long as they design good shoes and I get to wear those shoes. But the red sole also communicates a lot about the individual wearing the shoes, in my opinion I think it says hey; I’m feisty and hot and I have style.
The colour red stands for: danger, which means do not mess with me or I cannot be messed with! But I think according to my all-time favourite movie the devil wears Prada it means I am my own person and I know more about fashion than you can ever imagine. But what I like is the fact that when you are wearing heels with soles that have other soles people hardly notice you, but when you are in heels with a red sole, people say oh! Wow her shoes are nice.

the devil wears prada's movie cover image

christian loubotin's
black heels with a red sole
Communicate with your shoe soles; create an image before anyone finds out who you are or what you do for a living. Big ups to Christian Louboutin for winning the battle, because the red soles are the Practitioners for this brand, they communicate on their own.

7 comments:

  1. for us the common people red soles means name brand shoes and that means expensive beautiful shoes. for the designer it is their trade mark, its something that differenciates them from another designer. the movie absolutely advertised and increased sales numbers for christian louboutin. this was a great media strategy even though the PR personnels had nothing to do with it, im glad they took and ran with it.after the media coverage the pr personnels stood up and took charge taking the brand to greater heights with even more media coverage to strengthen the brand, selling the dream that people will never miss an opportunity to buy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you annonymous, for your comment about red soles being a great media strategy, because they are.

      Delete
  2. I really love these heels especially the red soles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing blog
    Also look for our new website: http://www.kissredbottoms.com/
    Red Bottom Shoes Sale

    ReplyDelete